McDonald’s is by no means the healthiest place to stop for a bite to eat, but sometimes your body just craves a bit of processed comfort food. Reduce your guilt with these 7 simple McDonald’s hacks.
- Want fresh food? Ask for no salt fries. This dramatically lowers your daily sodium intake and guarantees your fries will be made fresh. For a fresh sandwich and an automatic reduction in calories, ask for no cheese.
- Don’t forget that grownups can order the Happy Meal too! The reasonable portion sizes in a Happy Meal are perfect for anyone trying to lose weight. If you don’t have a child at home, simply tell the staff they can keep the toy.
- If you love McDonald’s chicken sandwiches, ask for honey mustard instead of mayo to boost the flavor and cut the calories.
- The Filet-O-Fish comes with a steamed bun, which gives it a hot, fluffy, soft appearance. Enhance the taste of your favorite sandwich by asking for a steamed bun as a substitution.
- Cut out a few carbs and save yourself a couple of bucks by ordering a low-priced McDouble made to look like a Big Mac. Just hold the ketchup and mustard, add lettuce, and top with Big Mac sauce. It’s just like a Big Mac, minus the third slice of bun and the sesame seeds.
- Instead of fries, order a Premium Southwest Salad without the grilled chicken for a side dish that has just 180 calories.
- Snack wraps are a great choice when you just need a little something to tide you over till dinner. Choose the grilled honey mustard with no cheese for a solid amount of protein and minimal calories.
Do you love McDonald’s? If so, what are your favorite health-conscious hacks?